The drink’s industry trade charity, The Benevolent, hopes to raise £25,000 this month by hosting a special online silent auction where the trade can bid for a range of prizes. The Buyer has teamed up with management training experts, Positive Change Partners and Liberty Wines, to offer two specialised training workshops for your teams. A chance to make a real difference in both your company and the lives of people in the trade.
Chance to make a difference and bid in the Benevolent’s Thanks For Giving silent auction to help raise much needed money and improve your business skills at the same time.
This month the drink industry’s charity, The Benevolent, is hosting a special online auction where it hopes members of the trade will come together to bid for a whole range of lots that will in turn raise some much needed money to help those who have fallen on hard times in the sector.
There are a huge number of lots to choose from to suit all tastes and desires. Some fun, some personal, some serious.
The Buyer has teamed up with business management specialists, Positive Change Partners and national wine distributor, Liberty Wines for the chance for companies and individuals to bid for two special training courses that could help not only personal performance, but to raise some much needed money at the same time. Both courses will be covered and written up on The Buyer.
The two courses include:
- Help your team with their communication skills. How to improve and enhance your team’s communications skills both internally and when working with, negotiating and servicing your customers. For up to 20 delegates hosted by Positive Change Partners (details below and here).
- ‘The 3Ps Wine List Workshop: How to Profit from your customer’s Profile and Preferences.’ This is aimed at individuals who can bid to win their own place on a course. Individual bids start at £100 and the 20 places on the course will be given to the 20 highest bidders. Course presented jointly by Liberty Wines and Positive Change Partners (details below).
To take part you simply have to go to The Benevolent Thanks For Giving auction trade site, register and start posting your bids.
Improve your communications
The communications course will be run by Barbara Scalera, an experienced business trainer, and part of the Positive Change Partners team. The bidding for this course starts at £500 for what would be the equivalent of a £1,700 course.
The workshop being auctioned is aimed at discovering how the people in your team communicate differently and how some simple steps can help them improve their ability to read different people’s communication traits and to increase their self-awareness.
Participants will learn how to practically apply these important principles in their roles in order to improve their internal and external relationships. The half-day workshop can be delivered for up to 20 people in the winning company’s offices anywhere in the UK or at any alternative venue.
3Ps Wine List Workshop
This specialist workshop will be co-hosted by Liberty Wines and Positive Change Partners. It will help your team:
- Making Sense of the Numbers – key results from Liberty’s Premium On-trade Wine Report, including consumer research and overall data trends in the on-trade.
- Understanding Today’s Wine Drinkers’ Profile and Preferences with Liberty Wines.
- Building a winning wine list – how to create, layout and design a wine list that caters to today’s wine drinkers and encourages experimentation, by Liberty Wines.
- Questioning and Listening– How to improve your customer relations and wine list sales through advanced questioning and listening techniques to determine what information your customer actually wants from you. By Positive Change Partners.
- Preferred Styles of Communication – how best to deliver the information your customer wants, based on their preferred style of communication, to help guarantee your sale. By Positive Change Partners.
- Auction bid price for this will be released.
* Please note the prize covers cost of training only. Any additional funds needed to hire training facilities and additional expenses, particularly the communications course, such as workshop materials and refreshments, will have to be covered by the winning business. The Wine list workshop will be hosted by Liberty Wines at its office in Clapham, south London.