California Wine Institute
Founded in 1934, the California Wine Institute unites the collective strength of over 1,000 wine producers across the Golden State to ensure the best possible environment for producing and enjoying wine. We also represent our members in helping to promote and sell California wine across the globe, including in the very important markets of the United Kingdom and Ireland, where we work closely with importers, press and retailers to ensure a wide array of outstanding California wine is available to the British consumer.
The UK operations are managed by Damien Jackman and Justine McGovern.
- Develop an annual marketing program in the UK
- Assist UK importers of California wine with market support programs
- Present market information to California Wine Institute export members
- Assist California wineries with market entry
- Assist importers and retail trade with finding suitable California wine.
In April 2021 the California Wine Institute is launching Cook with California – a food and wine pairing competition open to all those in the on-trade with an interest in California wine. The competition aims to show how well California wine pairs with British fare.
- You can also explore statistics and fact sheets on different grape varieties, or take a deep dive into the different sustainable practices and schemes in California here as part of the dedicated UK site for the Wine Institute.
- Sign up to its monthly newsletter here.