We might have had our fill of 90 minute events come the end of the Euro 2020 football champions next month, but here’s news of an alternative way of spending 90 minutes with the second One Step Beyond webinar, co-hosted by The Buyer and Sophie Jump, to be held on July 12 that will once again share the insights and expertise of leading figures in consumer behaviour, technology and innovation, both in and outside the drinks, retail and hospitality sector. Here’s what to expect from those 90 minutes.
How your business understands the needs of the post-pandemic consumer will be the underlying theme of the next One Step Beyond event on July 12. Sign up here to register and for all the details.
The pace of change across the drinks, hospitality and retail sectors continues as we all get used to the gradual relaxation of Covid-19 rules and the chance to re-gain some of our long long freedoms. But as we emerge back into the real world it is unclear just how far we have changed as individuals and how that is reflected by the behaviour and spending patterns of consumers as a whole.
To help keep on top of those changes The Buyer has once again teamed up with Sophie Jump to present our latest One Step Beyond webinar event that looks to tackle the latest changes in consumer behaviour, technology and innovation.
This is the second One Step Beyond webinar of 2021 following the success of the first event that attracted delegates from over 20 countries. These carefully timed 90 minute sessions are designed to test, challenge and hopefully inspire you with a line up of speakers from both inside the drinks industry, but also, vitally, technology, consumer and management experts from other fields to give us as broad an experience as possible.
Once again our thanks go to our One Step Beyond partners for both sharing their expertise, but also providing their support which allows us to put on these online events for you for free. They include: The Wine & Spirit Trade Association; Pix, the new online vertical search wine site; Freixenet Copestick, the biggest supplier of sparkling wine brands in the UK; and Stranger & Stranger, the agenda setting drinks design agency.
The July 12 Panel: Time 4pm-5.30pm (British Summer Time)
Here are the keynote speakers and a top line on what they are going to be talking about.
- Katy Moses, managing director, KAM Media, the drinks and hospitality research consultancy: Understanding the post pandemic consumer and what that means for your business. (You can get an insight into what Moses will be talking about in The Buyer’s analysis of its latest research by clicking here).
- Dan Cullen-Shute, chief executive, Creature, advertising and marketing agency specialising in campaigns for the drinks industry: Creature ‘Intelligent Misbehaviour: Innovate, interact and engage with the ‘real’ people’.
- Richard Siddle interview with Steve Ingham, global chief executive of Michael Page, the specialist recruitment agency, focusing on ‘The Road to Resilience: How to keep your business resilient and connected to its people and customers’.
- Open panel and Q&A session on latest consumer and technology opportunities, with specific focus on the importance of creating quality, relevant content as part of any digital and e-commerce strategy. With Erin Smith, marketing director, Slurp Wine (part of Freixenet Copestick), Kevin Shaw, founder of Stranger & Stranger and Leslie Yake, vice president for product at Pix.
One Step Beyond April 2021 session
You can still catch up on the first One Step Beyond webinar that was held on April 14. To watch the full recording you can click on the YouTube link below.
The session on April 14 included the following sessions.
- Alex Ririe, director of brand and design agency, The Collaborators, looked at ‘The 3 key macro-trends impacting the drinks industry and how businesses are adapting to these challenges’.
- You can read The Buyer’s analysis of this talk here.
- Paul Mabray, chief executive, Pix, new wine search platform, on why we are living in a ‘Golden Age’ of wine online.’
- Michael Becker, chief executive, Identity Praxis, the strategic product, market, and business development advisory and consultancy. on how we will be able to use our own personal data in the future as part of what he calls the ‘The Phygital Economy’ and how we engage and serve the future personal data empowered, digital savvy, ‘phygital’ individual’.
- To read a full report from the inaugural 2020 One Step Beyond conference click here.
- You can watch the follow up webinar in autumn 2020 by clicking below.