Head of On-trade Sales
Get in touch
The Mionetto Prosecco story
In 1887, master winemaker Francesco Mionetto opened the Mionetto winery in the heart of the Prosecco area in north-eastern Italy- amidst the gently rolling hills of Valdobbiadene. Our premium Prosecco is still produced on the original site, which ensures we keep our heritage and the Italian way of life at the heart of all we do. Our long-standing collaborations with our grape producers allow us to select only the best quality grapes for our Mionetto Prosecco products. In its more than 130 year history, Mionetto has become a flagship for the area and a shining example of Prosecco production on the international scene.
Mionetto is sold in many pubs, bars, and restaurants across the UK, as well as by online retailers and Grocery channels. It’s also extremely popular globally, so much so that in 2017, Mionetto became the bestselling Prosecco in the world*, making it a sought-after addition to any range! Mionetto is wholly distributed by Copestick Murray in the UK.
Mionetto has different Premium Prosecco’s available, including the most well known product – the Prestige Brut Orange label – whose signature bottle and premium feel means that it works well for both the on and off-trade. However, Mionetto also has certain ranges specifically tailored to the on-trade:
- Luxury Collection This is our most premium range, with excellent quality Prosecco and a unique embossed bottle adding the final touch of elegance. Within this collection there is:
- Cartizze DOCG, the very best the Prosecco vine can achieve, produced in a small area of 107 hectares by about 110 growers.
- Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Rive di Santo Stefano, a Millesimé Brut that is the exemplar of this growing area’s truly exceptional quality.
- Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG produced from grapes harvested from the best two sites in the DOCG area.
- Prosecco DOC Treviso, a creamy, versatile Prosecco that has all of the properties classic to the Glera grape variety.
- Completing the collection are the Cuvée Sergio 1887 and Cuvée Sergio 1887 Rosé, homage to the history and tradition of Mionetto.
- Avantgarde Collection This collection dedicated exclusively to the on-trade combines the history of the winery Mionetto with an innovative and stand-out design: a new interpretation of the off-trade style bottle that is recognised around the world. We offer four products in this range:
- DOCG Extra Dry
- DOC Treviso Extra Dry
- DOC Treviso Brut
- DOC Organic
- Mionetto Vivo The sparkling wines in the Mionetto Vivo line are extremely versatile, ideal for any occasion. From just outside of the Prosecco DOC area, this range offers a great value Italian sparkling wine option, with two products available:
- Mionetto Vivo Extra dry
- Mionetto Vivo Rosé
Many of our Prosecco’s have won awards in the most prestigious global competitions, and this year the brand is being supported by the largest UK marketing spend in the brands history, focussing on our strapline, ‘Mionetto, more than just a Prosecco’.
Please get in touch if you are interested in stocking any our wines or require any more information. We are more than happy to take you through our brand in more detail and discuss which offerings might be best suited to your range.
* IWSR Prosecco Category 2017, sales 75cl bottles